Our advocates who specialise in family law have extensive experience in a wide range of family law areas, from divorce to prenuptial agreements.
Below are some of the areas of family law that we have expertise in:
1. Divorce: We can litigate, negotiate and mediate disputes regarding child custody, child support, spousal support and property division. Our business and family law background enables us to handle the most complex divorce situations, including high net worth divorce, collaborative divorce and military divorce.
2. Fathers' rights in divorce and custody: We work aggressively to protect fathers' rights in divorce and child custody issues. We help fathers assert their rights in paternity actions and in divorce.
3. Child custody and parenting: We are experienced in both family court and juvenile court. We have served as court-appointed guardians ad litem, and are skilled at advocating for your child and for your custody rights and goals.
4. Child support: We can advocate for a child support agreement that works for you, and can handle cases involving failure to pay/contempt of court through wage garnishments and other legal tools.
5. Family and civil mediation: We represent clients in disputes relating to landlord and tenants, breaches of contract, nonpayment of bills and loans, property damage, division of property, divorce, child custody, divorce-related property settlement, child support, alimony, real estate, construction and contested wills.
6. Issues related to juveniles/minors: We represent the interests of juveniles in family law matters, including dependency, neglect, abandonment and other juvenile hearings. Our advocates have experience as guardians ad litem as well as mediating juvenile issues outside of court.
7. Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: As part of the family law practice, we help couples draft prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to protect the interests of both parties.
8. Uncontested divorce: We represent individuals who have reached an agreement with their spouse to simplify the divorce process and ensure the proper paperwork is drafted and filed with the court.
9. Adoption: We handle stepparent, relative and foster parent adoptions and assist in surrogacy and single parent adoptions.